What would you do?

I like someone that is in the military. He is currently overseas, but will be moving back to the states in a month. He will still be a ways away, but "only" for a year. After the year is up he will be stationed 3 hours from where I live. I think to myself I'll just keep e-mailing/chatting and maybe it'll go away. But what if it doesn't? What if I end up liking him more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• well if you do like him he could me mr right so why not?
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 10:28 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I know this is going to sound horrible, but I'd turn and run the other way.
    JessicaB86

Answer by JessicaB86 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• What if you do? And? Then you move forward with the relationship, assuming he feels the same. It's a hard life though, being a military wife. We miss them horribly when they are gone:(

Seriously, what are you afraid of? Him being, 'the one'?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I really feel like we "click". We've talked for hours and we make each other laugh. It doesn't sound like much to some people but it's so important for me to be able to have that connection with someone, no matter the distance. It's just hard for me to know if he feels the same. I haven't came out and said everything I think because he picks at me already because he knows I'm attracted to him. It's him being funny about it, but guys are a mystery alone, but I know it's complicated for the guys being deployed and away. Plus, I can't help but think once he's back in the states he'd meet someone.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• One day at a time. If you are enjoying how things are now....being able to connect and laugh with him through the conversations you are able to have, then stick with it. It doesn't matter what other people would think of it, just what makes you happy. The distance won't be easy, but a lot of life's best experiences never are. Don't get head over heels about the future....just see where time takes you. Good Luck!
    Link1215

Answer by Link1215 at 11:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• What is life without jumping a few times in life, besides your in rush. Keep on chatting and get to know one another that way.
    LadyLotus

Answer by LadyLotus at 11:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Do you really feel that the communication by e-mail or chatting is going to sustain your relationship? You two should really have a serious talk and see exactly what each of you would like your relationship headed towards. Don't put it off any longer than you have to. With him moving around all the time, you won't have much of a physical relationship. But it's still your decision.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:08 AM on Dec. 1, 2010