How long after you lost your mucus plug did you go into labor?

I know it varies, can be rite away or a while...
and also, is it true that you make a new one if you don't go into labor within so long?

young-not-dumb

Asked by young-not-dumb at 10:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• weeks... I was partially dilated for several weeks with all 3 pregnancies.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I don't have a clue when I lost it with my first two... But I'm pretty sure I lost it about 5 weeks ago with this one, and I haven't started to labor yet...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:50 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• mucus plug came out after they induced me with my first, i lost it probably 7 weeks before i had my other 2 and was dilated for atleast 4 weks before they came.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:57 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i think it was about a week before i went into labor! and i was dilated to a 3 for a month!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• with my second child I lost it on a tuesday sometime during the day and ended up going into labor early wednesday morning at around 2:30 so i guess technically 12 hours give or take. I never lost my mucus plug with my first child.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 11:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i lost mine then a day later and a couple hours then i went into labor it was exciting! and im not sure about it growing back tho
    Luckyme3487

Answer by Luckyme3487 at 11:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• About four days before I went into true labor. I was dilated for two weeks before that though.
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 12:59 AM on Dec. 1, 2010