anyone get full custody because what came out in therapy

we went to couple therapy before i left
after 2nd therapy, therapist called me to say
"he should not be around his child without supervision"
" i am worried about your safety"
etc
he does NOT know this
when i speak to a lawyer, can i believe the lawyer when they say these records can come up in court, will the court take the therapist report
when i do this, he will explode, need some guarnety that it will be in court recoed and he will not get to see her at all

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 10:55 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• The therapist said it to you so you can testify to it. And you can grant the therapist permission to talk about this conversation.

However, I don't believe that they can talk about what was said during HIS sessions without his permission but I could be wrong. so unless the therapist can say why they said this, it's probably best not to bring it up. BUT, I am not an attorney so I don't know all the laws so I could be wrong and hope for your sake, that I am.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I thought what got said in therapy stayed in therapy unless he confessed he was going to commit a crime. Ask your attorney

Answer by admckenzie at 11:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i did read HIPPA laws and therpay record can be open if court asks and or a child is in danger

therapist told me also, she checked to see if what he said in therapy needed t be reported to authoruy, and she would have reported him, but she said she was told by her superior that not illegal, but not moral either (this was stuff he did to his 16 yr old neice

anyone get therapy reprt into court
    i am scared, i know i have to talk to lawyer, just do not want to get snowed
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2010