is it unhealthy?

i will be 14 weeks pregnant tomorrow and i have had major issues with acid reflux and morning sickness... i dont ever feel hungry and i eat 5x less than i did before i got pregnant. i went to the doctors at the beginning of november and i weighed 247. i went to my pcp today for strep and only weighed 208.7. i have dropped so much weight so fast and always feel fatigued.. if i wasnt preggo i would be excited about losing weight but i am really starting to get nervous since i am not working out or even trying to lose weight.. is it unhealthy??? please help. i dont have another appt until january 10th..

1sttimemom2011

Asked by 1sttimemom2011 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• callyour ob. there are severe forms of morning sickness that need to be treated, that si alot of weight to lose. especciallu in a month. remember that your ob doc is there anytime. not just for your apointments. if ou have concerns between dont hesitate to call.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:13 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• It is something you really need to talk through with your doctor. That particular amount seems excessive but you were not on the small side to begin with. I always loose weight while pregnant because I am like you and start out heavier and just can't keep any food down or have no desire to eat. I am sure that he will be ok with some weight loss I am just not sure to what extent.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• And gosh I hope that does not come across the wrong way. I am by no means on a smaller side either so we are in the same boat.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:16 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I think it is ok to lose weight during pregnancy. Lots of people do due to morning sickness. I think you should make a phone call/appointment to the doctor about it though.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:16 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I'd share your concerns with your OB, just in case, but I continually lost weight in the 1st/2nd trimester when I was pregnant with my first. The nurses would joke about the amount of pounds I'd lost that month :D As long as you're healthy otherwise, I wouldn't stress too much about it. I'm close to 300 lbs and my midwives don't seem at all concerned because every test is negative and my daughter's got a strong heartbeat and is very active.
    Nawti

Answer by Nawti at 2:23 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Just take a tums if you have acid reflux. They are safe as long as you follow the directions. And losing weight is completely normal, especually when you are over weight (no offense :( ). Also long as you are taking prenatal pills and holding them down you will be find the first tri.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 2:27 AM on Dec. 7, 2010