Does this bother you? Or is it just me?

I see so many easy SIMPLE misspellings on here! It is driving me NUTS!! Some of them scare me that some where out there is/are a child or children whose parent can't spell to save their lives!

Am I the ONLY one that uses spell check?! Please say it isn't so! I know this is "just a website/forum" but GEEEZ!!

NOTE: When what you write has a squiggly red line under it - it is telling you the word is spelled WRONG! Right click on it. FIX IT! Ok, pumpkin?

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 11:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Ooookay grammar police...
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Bash me if you want - but for crying out loud!!

Seriously just saw this: lettuce spelled letuss!!
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• IT DRIVES ME JUST AS CRAZY!! I use spell check every time in fact it checks it for you. THAT IS WHAT THE READ SQUIGGLY LINES IS UNDER YOUR WORD. IT MEANS YOU DID NOT SPELL IT RIGHT. I also hate it when proper English is not used, I mean really unpropper (I know that isn't a word lol) but when I can't understand what the question is because it is not in plain English that drives me crazy!
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 11:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I really don't care...as long as I can understand what they are trying to say. After all, good parenting doesn't mean that they have to spell. My mother didn't even have a 5th grade education and she was a wonderful mother.

Now she did get her GED when I was in my early 20's.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I am on this site from my phone. I don't pay attention sometimes when I'm trying to spell something fast so I mispell things or put periods where they don't need to be.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Ha! I saw that too..the lettuce thing.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 11:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I can't spell, sorry. I don't take time for spell check either. My daughter actually makes fun of me that I can't spell, but don't worry she is being well cared for by her nonspelling mother. HAHA
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• One other thing...this site isn't just for English speaking folks. It's a global site and many simply type in phonetics since their primary language isn't english.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Oh, it irks me too! But beware, someone will most likely call you a troll or bash you in some way just for stating this truth. I am with you though! My browser highlights words which I misspell, although I am a word lover and excellent speller so it does not happen often. I also always reread my answers after hitting post just to make sure I made no mistakes, and if I did, I correct them with another answer. I am anal about English in that way!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• It bothers me too! I can't spell my husband teases me all the time and my entire family is the sane way...BUT we do use spell check! sometimes when I type (other things) my kids will hit the key board and put a letter/number in the middle of a word and I just don't catch it =( and sometimes I misspell on purpose, once I wrote one of my friends an entire message backwards...IDK if the spelling was correct or not =)
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 11:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2010