Did any of you have this in your town?

I went to St. Louis over Thanksgiving. They were so proud to be giving Turkeys to homeless people. I want to know how and where a homeless person is going to cook a turkey.
Just a thought????

dancinintherain

Asked by dancinintherain at 11:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Holidays

• Our town cooks turkeys and the fixings every year for Thanksgiving only and then anyone can go eat them no matter how little or how much money one has it'sopen to the whole town. We don't have very many homeless people in our town. My school gives away food baskets to the poor families at Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter though.
    Yeah, I wonder how they are going to cook a turkey being homeless, makes a lot of sense doens't it. Nice thought though.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:18 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• In a fire barrel down by the river maybe?
    Anonymous

• Good question! Our town cooks meals and gives them to homeless people.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 11:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I can see giving them cooked turkey, but a whole raw/frozen one doesn't make a lot of sense.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 12:25 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Well they could have been a little nicer and cooked all of those turkeys before handing them out. I do wonder what they were thinking though. Maybe they thought they could just put it in a fire and cook it.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 3:19 AM on Dec. 1, 2010