Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

have you kids ever ate something they really shouldnt have?

my son swallowed a battery that came out of a little book light.....i highly doubt he will do it again but the doctor said kids will be kids....hes never done anything like this before....hes 4 years old....i know some of you are ready to bash me,but listen he had just eaten breakfast and then he went into the livingroom to watch t.v. he was only in there for about 1 minute and then it happened,i was in the dining room....he didnt cough,or scream,or cry....he came to me and told me what happened....i rushed him to the hospital and thats where we spent the entire day....from 9:45a.m. till 6:00p.m. today....they told me he would pass it....thats just long story short.....

 
SMALLfry05

Asked by SMALLfry05 at 11:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 21 (10,322 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (19)
  • When my son was two, he sucked a bunch of veterinary anti-fungal medication right out of the tube while I was going to the bathroom. I had to call poison control- I felt terrible! Luckily hedgehog ear fungus medication is non-toxic if taken internally. I did have a hard time explaining to my vet why I needed another tube so soon!
    Freela

    Answer by Freela at 11:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • That would be a BOY!!! they will try anything once,, lol, sorry no bashing from me
    wheresthewayout

    Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • I think most kids do eat something they shouldn't . My daughter who is now twenty five...when she was about three or four ate one of those sticky hands thingys.... you know the kind you get in a gum ball machine... and you fling em around and they stick to everything...its sort of like a gel rubbery material...well she ate one of those and it did come out on its on...she also pulled out her earrings and ate those too.... I am sure I could think of more times my kids ate things they shouldn't...I had four children..... it just happens sometimes...and not your fault..... .... just keep medicines up and out of reach..you know the story.
    Cochise

    Answer by Cochise at 11:38 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • thank you for not bashing me,ive had a long and stressful day....my son is now known as the "Battery Opperated Boy" because the doctors and nurses thought it was the perfect name for him....
    SMALLfry05

    Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 11:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • according to my mom i ate fingernail pollish when i was about 2 years old....gross!!! my brother ste a fuzzy caterpillar when he was my sons age.....disgusting child....my son has eaten worms,sticks,leaves,dirt,and one day he tried to bite my cat but he has never eaten anything or swallowed anything that would make me have to call poison control and go to the hospital....boys i swear,they were made to make their mommies have stressful lives sometimes lol
    SMALLfry05

    Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 11:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • Oh man lol Poor baby! I hope "it" comes out okay when it does!! Sorry your having a such a rough day. My kiddos are 3 and 1..and so far the worst they have put in their mouths is dirt.. but i'm sure it's coming!!
    Ctink8189

    Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:44 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • Yes my son has eaten potting soil, paint, he stuck his finger in laundry stain remover (that I had just put on a stained shirt) and stuck it in his mouth faster than I could grab his hand...We have called poison control a few times and the doctor they are never too concerned...Oh and he ate some vasiline (sp)
    OBImomma

    Answer by OBImomma at 11:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • i thought the worms were the worst it would get....he ate the worms and all the other stuff when he was about a year old maybe a little older but then he stopped doing that....then today was like a whole different kid....i was so scared and shocked and stressed out that i almost fainted at the hospital when the said we are going to have to extract it....i freaked out!
    SMALLfry05

    Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • freela omg thats amazing.....i bet your vet was out of words that day....
    SMALLfry05

    Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 11:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • I used to eat things I shouldn't have.  My mom likes to tell the story of the time I ate a wheel axle that came with the Lego set My mom wasn't quite sure what I ate, but knew I ate something because I told her I swallowed something.  She took me to the ER and they took an Xray.  And there it was.  It came out the next day. 
    My one step son planted tomato plants in school.  The teacher sent them home saying they would be able to eat it.  Apparently, she didn't clarify that they shouldn't eat the plant, just the tomato that would be growing from the plant.  On the way home on the bus, he ate the plant.  He came home with a styrofoam cup with a little bit of the stem coming out of it.  I asked him what happened to the plant and he told me he ate it.  Called poison control. Tomato plant are not poisonous.
    layh41407

    Answer by layh41407 at 11:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN