santa or no santa?

how many people tell their kids about santa?

my family we don't use santa, we know it as Jesus' birthday...
just wondering about everyone else

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We do Santa.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:34 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• no..she knows who santa is..but..she doesnt "believe" in him
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• DEFINITELY Santa....and the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy.....But my children WILL know what the REAL meaning for Christmas and Easter is. I LOVE all of my memories from childhood of waking up on Christmas and Easter mornings to see what was left. I lovedthe "majic" of it all. My parents did a GREAT job of pulling it off. But I also loved (and still love) going to church to worship the most important things about those holidays. I think if teach your children, you can still have both.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 11:38 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Santa visits our house! We also celebrate Jesus' birthday...in fact we sing happy birthday to him as a family at my Grandma's house while she plays "happy Birthday" on the piano...we also have a birthday cake =)
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 11:38 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Santa is just pretend like any other cartoon story. I would never tell our kids there is a Santa coming to bring them presents on Christmas because...
    1- Christmas is Jesus birthday. That's the reason we celebrate.
    2- It's a lie. I don't want to lie to my kids. (Even as a way to have fun)
    3- We spend our hard earned money and don't want to give the credit to anyone else...especially a "made up" someone!
    We tell our kids, "Daddy Clause" is getting them stuff! lol
    We do watch, "Santa Claus is coming to town" and "Rudolph" and "Frosty" etc. They just know the difference though that it's not real.
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 11:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• carol2m2 i like that... we always say thank you Jesus afterwards, b/c he gave us the means to buy the gifts...=0
    Lovin_mybaby5

Comment by Lovin_mybaby5 (original poster) at 11:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Oh, Santa.....my kids knew the story of Jesus, and that it is his birthday that we celebrate.....but I loved giving them Santa, and the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• We are going to tell her the story of Santa and celebrate Christmas, but not say that Santa is real or go to lengths to make it look that way. Just a really nice story, like other stories we tell, and she'll know gifts are from us.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 12:24 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• We do Santa and Jesus!

We tell the kids that it is Jesus' birthday and he lets us have the presents. :D
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 1:31 AM on Dec. 1, 2010