After going through infidelity and then divorce, are there any stories of finding a good man?

heartbroken3536

Asked by heartbroken3536 at 11:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Been through all that. And yes, there is always hope. I reunited with my first crush from elementary school & we've been together, totally in love for over 4 years now. That's the short side of our long cinderella story. I spent 25+ years with a cheating and abusive husband. Now, I'm with the most wonderful man in the world!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:44 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I think sometimes we women fall in love with the wrong men...men that look a certain way or are not real qualities. When you look past those things and find out someone's real true personality and find someone who is a good, Christian man, then you have a chance at happiness!
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Yes, between my ex husband, and my father (who left my mother for a younger woman when I filed for divorce) I really didn't even want a man. But, 3 years after my divorce, I was out with my son on a Friday night, got lost, and ended up at a little seaside restaurant where this totally out of control, goofball guy was, I told my 4 year old son...who was totally enthralled with the guy wearing a plastic pig nose and juggling cans of beer "don't look at him, don't talk to him, don't encourage him". The goofball heard me, and followed us around for the rest of the night....23 years later, we've been happily married for 22 years.....and got married a year after we met at the harbor, right between the tables where we met. He's been a wonderful father (we had 2 more sons) and great husband.

Good luck, hope you find the right guy, they have a way of showing up when you're not looking..
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Haven't been through the divorce, but might as well have. I was with someone for 6 years who, cheated, verbally and emotionally abused me, sexually abused me. I also had many men cheat and lie to me. It was really frustrating. When I met my husband, I wasn't looking for him, and didn't care if I ever met another man again. I don't know what happened, but he was different. He is honest, faithful, easy to be with, gentle, and an amazing dad who loves his family. My mom said she used to pray and ask God to give me a break, and she believes to this day that my husband was that break.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i guess i need to get lost, find a man wearing a fake animal nose and who knows how to juggle
    lol
    cute story
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:51 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• You have to stop looking. Honestly, you usually find someone when you stop looking. Just go about your life, live it to the fullest as you go and once you become happy with your life, that happiness will attract a good person to you.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:52 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I work with my high school alumni association. I meet great guys there all the time.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:08 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• fiatpax...take me with you!!!!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 8:41 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• thanks for your comment. i was told to just relax and enjoy yourself. When you are not looking that is when you will meet a good man. Great comments
    heartbroken3536

Comment by heartbroken3536 (original poster) at 11:59 PM on Dec. 1, 2010