How do I get my 2 yr old to stop being so violent?

My 2 yr old son is a mean lil booger. Most of the day, he beats up on one of his older brothers. He throws toys at him, he scratches, and bites him. I am constantly having to put him in time out for beating up his brother(s). What can I do to get him to stop? My other 2 kids have scars and scrapes from their youngest brother cause he beats them up. Please help me.

mommaof04kids

Asked by mommaof04kids at 11:44 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• im having the same problem...good luck
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but it sounds like you're allowing this little one to run the entire house. You HAVE to let him know in no uncertain terms that you are the boss and just a LOOK from you makes him stop in his tracks. I am not talking about abuse or hurting him in any way physically or emotionally. But he must know you mean business. You cannot allow him to hurt or injure his siblings! And please understand that this type of behavior is much much worse when they're no longer 2, but 15! Use time out and if it doesn't work, take his things away. Spank his bottom (with your hand only), get down on his level, look him in the eye and tell him this behavior is NOT going to be accepted. You do whatever punishment works for him and his personality. He won't like it, but he will respect you. Children look for boundaries from their parents. It makes them feel secure in who you are and how they are to act. Good luck!
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 11:57 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I don't laugh when they get rough. I don't even let them. I tell them to stop & if they don't, I put them in time out. I don't purposely allow it to happen. When I hear one of my boys just as they start to scream, I run as fast as I can to see what happened. And my older boys DON'T tourment him. I've watched them play and they will be just sitting on the couch or their bed & he'll go up to them & bite one of them for no reason at all. I don't really like to spank, makes me feel like I'm beating him & I don't like it. I just tell him "No, that's not nice to do that. You can't do that to you brother(s)." and then I put him in time out. And taking away his toys doesn't help either. :(
    mommaof04kids

Comment by mommaof04kids (original poster) at 10:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2010