baby powder in the carpet.

my 3 yr old decided to get up,while his dad fell asleep putting him to sleep, and pour half a container of baby powder on my carpet. i live with my mom and everyone is sleeping so it has to set there all night till i can vaccum it up!!!!!! seriouslly i am so pissed at my bf cuz he knocked out!!! my 5 month old is in her crib and he could have poured it on her or worse ya know? nightime is my time to be free!!! To make the bottles, fix lunches, etc. what should i do?? what will get it out of the carpet?

Tiffany_Rivera_

Asked by Tiffany_Rivera_ at 11:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would say it would have to be vacuumed.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:50 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• but wont it stain sitting over night?
    Tiffany_Rivera_

Comment by Tiffany_Rivera_ (original poster) at 11:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I would vacuum too. I don't think baby powder will stain?? My daughter poured parmesean cheese all over our carpets. Soooo gross! I'm still struggling to get it out. Nobody can see it but if you put your nose to the floor you can smell it. Yuck!
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 11:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Sweep up what you can. Then vacuum in the morning. I cant even count how many times we've gotten powder in the carpet.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 11:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• My boyfriend let my 2 year old get into baby powder while he was watching her i just went over the carpet a couple of times with the vacum and it was gone. And my house smelled great! lol
    paula1031

Answer by paula1031 at 12:33 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• nope it will not stain because my darling 2 year old did this as well while i was in shower and her daddy was susposed to be watching her but he got into the football game well we live in an apartment and it was getting late didnt want to wake anybody so i left it until morning and i wouldnt advise sweeping it will go everywhere all in the air. came up easy as pie in the morning!!
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 12:37 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• im kind of seeing a pattern here with the men not watching the kids hahaha
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 12:38 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• yes men can be horrible sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but cant live with them cant live w/o them
    Tiffany_Rivera_

Comment by Tiffany_Rivera_ (original poster) at 12:40 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• vaccuum, i dont understand the problem!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:27 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My three year old did this to his bedroom carpet, but while I was doing dishes. I finished drying the last dish before I even smelled it.... I knew something had to be up since he was being quiet, lol.
    rclark68704

Answer by rclark68704 at 1:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2011