Prescription problem.....

I went to the doctor this morning and had a couple of prescriptions. So when I left I dropped it off by the pharmacy and went home for a while. Later, went back to the store to pick it up and they said that the paper that the doctor's office used was not on the correct type of paper. Okay, I do understand why they do this, I have no problem with that. However, why doesn't the doctor's office realize that the prescriptions they give their patients are no good?

So I have to wait another day because the doctor's office didn't call back about them. I took them to the pharmacy this morning.

I would like to let someone know what they are doing and I don't have a clue who to contact. Who would you call? I mean, if they did it right in the first place they wouldn't have all this trouble. I just would like to prevent it from happening to someone else. What would you do?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 11:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Health

• Talk to your doctor. DH has had problems with little things like that with his prescriptions (he's regularly on pain meds for his back). Different pharmacies even have different things they're picky about! It's incredibly frustrating. Make sure everything is signed and dated, too. You'd be surprised how many doctors can't seem to fill out a prescription properly, then YOU'RE stuck trying to deal with it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:54 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I would be in the Dr's office to complain first thing in the AM! What's that all about anyway? Don't leave the office until you physically see them call your prescription to the pharmacy.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:03 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Some prescriptions REQUIRE a paper script, so the Dr. calling the script in is not always an option.

OP, I would actually GO to your Dr.'s office in the morning (You will have to go there anyway) and let them know what the pharmacy told you and tell them that you expect it to be correct next time. This is a HUGE inconvenience: gas/time aren't cheap!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 12:17 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I work in a pharmacy and have never heard of this, but say hypothetically it did, I, not the patient, would be contacting the Dr's office, So your Pharmacist can do this and save you a trip back to the Dr.'s office and have the Pharmacy call you when it's ready.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:35 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• It really gets me though, there are people out there that NEED their prescriptions in order to survive. Like when you are a diabetic, or have a heart problem,etc. What would happen to those people? People rely on their doctors everyday for what they need, there is no room for doctors to have problems with prescriptions. The pharmacy is contacting them in the morning though. We'll see.
    amessageofhope

Comment by amessageofhope (original poster) at 1:12 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• one the pharmacist is the one who should call the doctor, two go to the office and find out why and what occured.
    deesam

Answer by deesam at 1:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2010