I am just curious....NO BASHING!!

I am just curious....have YOU converted FROM Christianity to another form of religion? If so, to what and why? I love to learn about different opinions.

AGAIN: NO BASHING!!

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 12:10 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, but like you I find religion of all faiths to be interesting and love to learn. I myself was raised and baptised Methodist. When I was alot younger a friend and I decided to attend as many different churches as we could. I found something enjoyable in all.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:15 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I was taught Christianity, but I never believed it... So as soon as I was able to explore something else, I did... I didn't really convert, because I didn't really belong. But I did grow up being taught Christianity, so to become openly something else was at least in a way conversion...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:15 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Kind of...I don't think I ever converted. I was raised a christian but never really believed in it. One day when I was doing some soul searching I wrote all my beliefs down and then researched. I was Buddhist the whole time. I was just never exposed to this religion.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 12:15 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yes. I converted from Christianity to Unitarian Universalism (at least that's the closest I get to a religion). I changed my mind about Christianity because of a lot things that I disagreed with in the Bible.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:16 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I was born and raised Presbyterian. Never really questioned it, just believed. I went away to college and ended up joining the Lutheran church there. Most of my friends were very liberal Christians and forced me to really start asking questions. The more I questioned, the farther I went from the church. I bounced around for awhile until I felt like I was really being called. I don't really have a religions, per se, but I guess you would say I am pagan with the Greek pantheon as my deities.
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 12:16 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I was raised Christian, I'm an Atheist.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:23 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I'm not sure if I'd use the word converted, but I was Presbyterian as a child. Around age 12, I started having a lot of questions and felt like I wasn't getting answers. I started exploring other religions, by HS I considered myself a Wiccan and practiced that for several years. I still felt like something was missing or 'not right', and I generally considered myself agnostic or atheist through part of college and for a while after (but never felt those were quite the right terms for what I am). I studied many world religions, and felt like there were morals and lessons that could be taken from each but didn't really 'believe' any particular one. I now feel like Buddhism is a good fit for me, and I have generally come to the conclusion that I don't believe in a creator god but can accept the concept of God by a pantheistic definition. I'm still open to new ideas with different religions and even to ideas of post-theism.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 12:32 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I grew up in a Roman Catholic home. I decided fairly early that it wasn't for me. Too much guilt, judgment, and exclusion of people who deserve to be accepted. I don't want to love life fearing God and his judgment of me. I think He wants people to be happy, and love Him, not fear Him. I'm not completely certain of his existence. I know there's something bigger than me for sure, but I don't know that this omniscient, omnipresent God is quite what's actually happening. I believe in evolution and in forces of nature, which go against Catholicism.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:38 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I love Jesus and God with all of my heart and would never convert.
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 12:40 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• raised christian- now atheist.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:16 AM on Dec. 1, 2010