c-section

for mothers who have c-sections how long were you in the hospital for and any other advice is needed!!

aggheff08

Asked by aggheff08 at 1:00 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It depends on you and how everything goes. I think most hospitals keep you an extra 24 hours to make sure everything is healing correctly. I had to stay for 5 days because I got an infection that they couldn't find, but that isn't a normal case. I was up walking in about 5 hours and I never had much pain. I have a high pain threshhold though so that might account for it. Good luck Mama, you will be fine.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:03 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I had 3, and was in the hospital for 4-5 days after each c-section. My best advice is....cook and freeze meals for several weeks (if you have freezer space) in foil pans, so that you don't have to cook after the baby. Follow doctors orders, as I told someone else today with my 2nd c-section I felt so good after that I started doing things too early and ruptured my incision, then couldn't do much or even drive for 6 months. No matter how good you feel, be careful what you do.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:03 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I was discharged about 36 hours later. I had a really smooth recovery. The keys to a smooth recovery? Don't get vaginal exams if you can avoid them. Listen to your body. Don't try to do more than you should. Let others help you. Get people to bring you dinner in the week or two following delivery. Have DH and/or family and/or friends do the laundry, dishes, chores, etc. YOU focus on your baby, breastfeeding if that's your choice, and recovering.
    Doing this, I was walking my usual 4 miles in about 2 weeks. I went slowly, and, again, listened to my body.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:05 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• for a week
    nicoleNjeanna

Answer by nicoleNjeanna at 1:16 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My best friend delivered by section and I helped take care of her afterward since she's a single mother with no family around here..

First of all, try to avoid raucous laughter and coughing, so avoid doing things that make you laugh or cough lol
    Keep the wound CLEAN and DRY at all times.
    After you're given shower clearance, try to wash the wound with an antibacterial soap, but don't dry out the wound ((different than keeping it dry lol))

She was in the hospital for 3 days.

Also, after you feel more adept to walk, start taking brisk walks around town, leisurely and calming before trying anything strenuous.
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 3:46 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I went in for induction Friday evening, ended up having a c section Saturday evening, and went home at midnight on Wednesday.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2010