Steven's-Johnson Syndrome - can he survive? Please say a prayer for my BIL

My sister's husband has been rushed to ICU - diagnosis Steven's - Johnson Syndrome - TEN -- from what we've been told the odds of survival are almost nill --

Has anyone EVER had a family member have this? Did they survive? Are they disfigured and disabled? We know little of what to expect if he does survive.
(For everyone who believes in pray - please pray for Kenny tonight and pray for my sister too. )

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 1:08 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well did you all fin out any news. I dont even know what it is but i will keep you an your fam in my prayers. Please be strong God makes no mistakes
    inlovewith4

Answer by inlovewith4 at 1:12 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I will keep him and your family in my prayers. Unfortunately the odds are generally very poor. The greater the percentage of his body that is affected..the worse the chance for recovery. However, I do believe in miracles. My Grandmother had a cancer the Dr said would surely kill her within 3 months. We formed a large prayer circle. There were no meds to take. 4 months later she was still alive and actually feeling better. They redid the MRI and the tumor was gone. She lived 22 more years. Keep the faith.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:31 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Right now all I know is that they have given him something for pain - If you look up SJS and see the pictures on the web -- that's exactly what my sister's husband looks like. His skin is literally peeling off in sheets. He's oozing - literally oozing (puss, fluid) from every pore and orifice in his body, spitting up blood and in extreme pain. The pictures of him look like something from a 3rd world country -
    ShelbyShareAlot

Comment by ShelbyShareAlot (original poster) at 1:22 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Your family will be in my prayers
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:50 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• : (
    Prayers sent out.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:52 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I will keep him in my thoughts...
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 2:22 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Father, we lift up Kenny to you tonight. Plz help him. Plz don't let him suffer. Plz give him the comfort he needs. If it is his time to come home, plz prepare the family. Let Your peace help them. If it is possible, plz heal him so that he can live a healthy life with his wife. I know all things are possible with You. I also know You have said, "there is a season to be born, and a season to die." I know this is hard to accept because my sister went home four days ago. She too was in sever pain. You had mercy and took her home because there was nothing man could do for her. Thank You for whatever You put Your hand to do for Kenny's life. We agree in Jesus Christ name. Amen
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 4:10 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I will pray for them, I'm so sorry this has to be a shock.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:25 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I'm so sorry. Praying for him and for you and your family.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:25 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I will say a prayer for your BIL and your family. God Bless you dear
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 2:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2010