How should I tell him I want to leave?

I have been with my bf for about 6 years. For the first 4 years it was pretty much just dating, then we moved in together and got serious. Now we have a 10 month old daughter together. My problem is that we don't have what we use to. I want someone I can talk to about things. Someone to share our problems with but he never wants to listen to them. We just aren't meant to be together. I see this now. But I also do not know how to do it without hurting anyones feelings, and I don't know where to go when I do leave. I have no job right now because of other personal problems. I am at a complete loss here. As far as our daughter goes I want him in her life as much as possible. He's a great father. Any suggestions?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 6:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• Sweetie they all change when you live with them. He doesn't listen, mine doesn't listen, nobody would be with anyone if that was the case. You need to write a positive and negative list. Your daughter deserves you to try and make it work but don't stay only for her. I'm 43 and have been through a lot with men and if they work, don't stay messed up, don't beat on you, don't cheat on you then hes not all bad! And other men will not treat your daughter like her own dad will and that creates a whole new mess for you and your child. Unless you just don't love him. Then maybe you should leave him.Maybe you can make plans and do things like you used to and that will make both of you realize why you are together. Good luck!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 7:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Tell him just that , that you feel you two have grown apart and you're not working together. That it's best for both you and him to go your seperate ways, without taking him out of your 10 months old life. You two breaking up does not mean he is losing his child and that you'll encourage a happy and healthy relationship between the two of them. Be honest with him, give him all the information he needs and that you feel you can give.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 6:56 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I couldn't have said it better bubblycute. Be up front and honest with him about your feelings and really talk it out. He sounds like a good man so hopefully the situation will go smoothly for you. I'm sorry that you want to split up. Don't be surprised if he wants to propose all of sudden. As far as where you are going to go with no job, I really don't know other than with a really supportive family member until you can get on your feet.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 7:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2008