How do you get your kids to eat veggies? Any tricks?

NicolesMommy

Asked by NicolesMommy at 1:38 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We always had a trying plate. When ever we would have something that the kids might not like we would put it on a trying plate. Everyone had to take one little piece and we would all try the "new" food. Some other good ways are to hide it in sauces or things like that. Another great way to get them into kids is through smoothies. My kids love them and we put all kinds of things in them.

I think you just have to make it fun and exciting.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 2:23 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I don't have any advice, but I ate fruits and veggies because my mom started me out on those foods so I would like them.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 1:39 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I always had veggies available for when I was cooking dinner and the kids were the hungriest. Either raw or what I was cooking for dinner. As soon as it was done, I would put out little plates of it, and they knew they could have that. Another thing is just keep offering them at dinner. You and hubby eat them, and don't comment on the fact if the kids aren't eating them. I've heard it said that they have to try something 17 times before they like it. The one bite rule worked for me, too.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:37 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I just offer them at every meal and with variety.. my son loves his fruits and veggies!
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 8:51 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My son loves fruits and vegetables, just keep trying until you find ones they like. He likes raw carrots but not cooked so prepare them differently and keep trying it can take 3-5 times trying a new food to like it.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 10:27 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Call them cute names, like little trees for broccoli?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:55 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• just put it on there plate...
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 6:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• offer them..
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 9:37 PM on Dec. 19, 2010