Why do girls come here asking if they are pregnant instead of taking a pregnancy test or seeing a doctor?

AbsoluteSelf

Asked by AbsoluteSelf at 1:54 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I have no idea. It gets old REALLY FAST, though. I guess they think that most of us are extremely psychic or something.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:01 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I don't know!!! I don't know how we're supposed to be able to look up in their uterus and tell if they're pregnant. It's so ridiculous. I mean, really, is it THAT hard to pee on a stick? You can get pregnancy tests at the Dollar Tree and they are exactly the same as the ones from the drugstore. Then, they get all in a snit when you tell them you don't know if they're pregnant or not by reading their question on their internet!!! Sheesh!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• and that should be the question of the day ladies...
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:55 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I call it the CafeMom Pregnancy Predictor. I don't know how people think that we know if they're pregnant better than a stick you pee on, but every day, it seems like hundred of people are asking, regardless of how likely it is that they're pregnant, or if they have the symptoms of their PERIOD. Sigh.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:56 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I love how 2 ppl decided to vote down the answer about how nobody on the net can tell someone if they are pregnant. So does that mean those ppl think that ppl on the net can tell you if your pregnant or not? I guess they can tell you but there's only a 50% chance they are right! lol Me, I like to rely on pregnancy tests. Not really a bright bunch here always asking if other people can predict their pregnancy by a some words on a screen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I guess they want someone else to pee on the stick for them?
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 11:49 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Honestly I think there are a couple of reasons:

1. SO MANY FREAKEN WOMEN do NOT know how their bodies work.
    2. Many of them are young (lately there have been a lot of teens) who are scared and may not be able to safely buy a pregnancy test
    3. Some women have very limited income and unfortunantly they have made choices that will bring a life into that limited income so they can't afford a pregnancy test and feel the need to ask. Often times they don't realize there are free clinics near them.
    4. Some women are just so DESPERATE (I understand...I've been there) to be pregnant that they just want someone to help them stay positive by saying "Yes it sounds like you might be. Good Luck!" You know?

One time I saw a women say "Pee on the key board and if a plus shows up then you're pregnant." Thought that was a little funny even though I do try to be nice to women asking these questions because I don't know their situation
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 2:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Makes me scared for the future of our gene pool.
    Anonymous

• I am stumped about this too. Lol.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:54 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• It's irritating when people ask if they are pregnant, when they haven't even taken a test. I don't understand that either. Dollar tree tests work just fine, no excuse for not being able to afford the test.
    But people like myself...I've posted for opinions to see if anyone else has had the same kind of situation, because of having PCOS and my period being very late and tests being negative. Sometimes people just need to know that other people have experienced the same thing, and want to know what the end result for someone else in a similar situation was.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 2:48 AM on Dec. 1, 2010