Question about breast sensitivity and period...

I just got my first period post baby! My dd is 8 months old and I was just wondering if any one else had nipple sensitivity or was really uncomfortable during breastfeeding?

Also how long did your period last, I've heard up to a month, is that true?
lol/ thanx ladies!

LadyofIvory

Asked by LadyofIvory at 2:24 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• I didn't have any issues with my nipples that I can remember. My first PP AF was only 4 months after, and it only lasted for a few days. Actually, all my periods post-baby have been much lighter and shorter (I had a natural birth.) Used to get them heavy, heavy, heavy for 6 days. Post baby they last 3-4 days and much lighter. Hopefully you will have the same kind of luck. :)
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 2:28 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My nipples were pretty sensitive in general, so I didn't really notice a difference during my periods. I have Mirena, so my periods are affected by the hormones in that.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:32 AM on Dec. 1, 2010