Is it okay for a private golf club to serve there employees alcohol after they closed? Not after 2 am, like around 10pm (In oregon)

anyone know what the laws are in Oregon about this? MY hubbys work gives them alcohol drinks after they close (around 9 or 10pm) and they don't pay. A couple times people have left drunk. this is a golf club restaurant and bar

lovmyhubby

Asked by lovmyhubby at 3:25 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• i live in oregon :) but i dont know. i just thought id put that out there
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 3:33 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• It sounds like you don't like the practice, but I doubt that it's against the law. What would the reason for the law be? It used to be, where I live in Florida, that many restaurants or bars would serve their employees one drink after their shift was over, but then much of that stopped because the businesses were afraid that they might be sued if the person were to have an accident. That was after the legal limits of alcohol were reduced to below one drink. It sounds like the person you should talk to about this would be your hubby, if you think this is not a good idea for him.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:33 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I want to work there!
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 8:50 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• are they all of legal age? i do not see the problem as long as everyone drinking is legal age and if they would cut them off after 1 or 2.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 12:45 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Not sure. Doesnt sound safe.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:55 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• It don't sound safe.. they can get pulled over...
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 6:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I don't see why it would be illegal
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 9:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• It sounds like a greta deal to me .I dont know why it would be illegal as long as all who are being served are of legal age and are willing to drink it
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 8:39 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I don't see why not as long as they are closed
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Hm, interesting perk ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2011