anyone thinks hawaii is overrated?

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 3:31 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Travel

• I don't think it's overrated but I do think that people who brag about going there a lot are. My college professor had to remind us at least 5 times a class that she has gone there often and is going there again, etc. Gets old.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:27 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• We went to the Big Island and had a great time. It is not developed and is beautiful. St. John USVI is still my favorite place though.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 7:21 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I never realized that Hawaii has a ghetto. On Dog the Bounty Hunter he is based in Hawaii. Where Dog lives is so nice but then they drive up to two hours away in some dumpy area picking up criminial druggies and taking them to the slammer.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 12:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I've never been there so I have no clue. I would like to travel there at least once but I want to travel to all of the states.

Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 3:35 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I'd like to travel there and find out.
    Edyeld

Answer by Edyeld at 3:35 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• No, a vacation, is a vacation!
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 3:37 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I was born and raised in Hawai'i. I love it and miss it so much. Kailua will always be my home.
    alissawuthrich

Answer by alissawuthrich at 3:44 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• All I know is we were there for 3 yr. It was 2 yrs and 10 months too long. My children were blonde and blue..that made them huge targets in school for racial attacks. My FIRST grader was beaten up regularly by 2 boys who outweighed him by 60 pounds. The schools answer..."teach him how to fight better" Are you fricken kidding me?!?!? I couldn't leave soon enough. It has some beautiful places..but it is expensive. Locals are only 'nice' to tourists for the most part. We had friends who were brown skinned and dark hair..and they loved it and had no issues..you do the math.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:47 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I would like to go one day. (I just dread the long flight--from East Coast!)
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 4:34 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yeah I never been and want to go. I have a friend who's (now) husband always takes her there...Their first big trip and honeymoon. I may be bitter but I would like to go to the Figi Islands
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 11:49 AM on Dec. 1, 2010