Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump


my husband cheated on me after 4 months of marriage. i have no job and no support at all. what should i do? can i make him pay me money?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (4)
  • either work it out or get a job save some money and move out.

    Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 7:53 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

  • Get the hell out!!! You haven't been married long enough to get anything... They have places you can go to for help and a roof over your head, not something we all want to go to but it's better than living with an asshole like that! I've done it and it made me such a stronger women! ;).. you will find good support from women and make some new friends who have the same things in common. If there is a will there is a way.

    Answer by BobbieJo286 at 9:26 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

  • Make him pay you for what?

    Child support.. Yes

    Spousal support. Highly doubtful unless you have a pre-nup or post nup.. In most states there are "requirements" (most include a specific amount of years a couple must be married) that must be met in order to receive spousal support.

    Pay for cheating... Doubtful. If you live in one of the few states that has an "Alienation of Affection" law you can try and sue him. However, that takes money a for lawyer and submissable evidence to pull off.

    If you want to leave him. I would suggest starting to get your ducks in a row to do so. Begin looking for a job, or stashing away a divorce/leaving fund, or start looking into local resources for women and take advantage of any you qualify for.

    Good Luck to you, whichever route you decide to take. :-)


    Answer by pixie_trix at 12:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

  • i would not try working it out. he obviously is not husband material if he has cheated 4 months into the marriage. try getting a job, save,move out. mind u getting work might take months in this economy/depends on where u live. so u have to be creative and come up with coping mechanisms. you could google how to cope with "whatever" maybe u could get some ideas. be strong and dont let him change your mind.

    Answer by maya123 at 4:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.