Which is right?

To be buried or cremated? Why?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 3:43 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't think either is right or wrong. It depends on your beliefs and what you want to happen to you. Personally I want to be creamated. It is cheaper and the thought of rotting in the ground doesn't appeal to me. (Yes, I know I won't be around when it happens)
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:47 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• There is no right or wrong, it's a personal choice.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:49 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I agree with beeky, it's not right or wrong, it's a personal choice.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:06 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• personally I don't think it matters. But, I feel cremation is much better for the earth vs the coffin & grave liner that fills the ground, and the chemicals they have to use for embalming aren't good for the living.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:19 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Either is fine. It depends on your preference and sometimes your budget. Your spirit goes to God and if He needs your body to be raised it will happen regardless of what happened to it.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:21 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Personal choice. I don't see the point in spending thousands of dollars on a box that is going into the ground to be destroyed. I opt for cremation and put my ashes in a ziploc . Use to fertilize in spring or whatever I really don't care.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:54 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I think it's personal.Neither right nor wrong.
    GingerKitten

Answer by GingerKitten at 9:03 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I agree with the others that it's a personal choice. We had our son cremated and there were family members that didn't agree and really haven't "forgiven" us for doing that.

Hubby and I both want to be cremated (just make sure we are dead first) and then have our ashes mixed together and maybe spread across the water or something. However, we are going to be dead, so it really doesn't matter. 

Actually, I want to be cremated so that when the Zombie Apocalypse happens, I won't come back as a zombie. *grin*

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:19 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• It really depends on your thoughts and traditions.

In our family we would never be cremated, although it is better for the earth in a lot of ways - DH's father was a Holocaust survivor. As he put it, his parents didn't get a choice as to go to the ovens or not. No way I could be cremated in light of that. Plain pine box, no embalming, let me disintegrate and I'm good.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:12 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• It is a personal decision. I really have preference. When I'm dead it isn't going to matter to me either way, so whatever my family wants to do is fine.

asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 10:39 AM on Dec. 1, 2010