Do you go on day trips with your family?

If so where do you go? And by day trips I mean somewhere that takes an hour or so to get to then stay all day.

During the summer, my son and I go to the beach which is about an hour away.

kmath

Asked by kmath at 3:44 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Travel

• We go to the beach sometimes. sometimes we go to the mountains-or up the river to go swimming; theres a waterfall a few miles out of town that you go up this huge mountain-park-and then hike up to the falls. That's a fun day trip.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 4:02 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Sometimes we stay close and just find different spots to go play in one of the creeks or the river. Occasionally we'll go up into the closer mountains and hike or visit some historic mining town. Last summer we went to the fossil beds, hiked some and had a nice picnic.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:09 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• We like to go geocaching. That's a fun way to spend a day, fresh air, exercise, and cheap trinkets.

meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 5:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• That sounds awesome. I wish I lived around mountains and could go hiking like that. I love it!
    kmath

Comment by kmath (original poster) at 4:03 AM on Dec. 1, 2010