I'm scared I need to know what's fixing to happen this morning please please anyone can you give me some insight???

I'm having my tubes tied today. It's been 4 wks since I have had a baby. As far as I know I'm going into the doc's office and the D Day is today what is going to happen, will it hurt, is this actual surgery, is it done in the doc's office or am I going to the hospital part to have it done, will I be knocked out, are they going to make any incisions or go through vaginally??? Please for anyone who has had this done please inform me on what is going to happen I like to know these things a head of time. I didn't ask the doc about it due to I normally find this info on the internet and I haven't found it so now I'm loosing sleep over something I should of just asked my doc about please anyone with this experience please let me know what to expect please.......

MrsMorton080508

Asked by MrsMorton080508 at 3:44 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• First you should calm down, you seem too worried. And who will be watching your baby while you recover. I just hope you have things played out well.
    I did not have this done, but my mom has. She just went in, woke up and was swore and on bed rest for a few days. She just sat in bed taking pain meds to ease pain, and I tended to her every whim. She was very drugged out. But every one is different. You should ask the doctor in the morning before it happens. And don't you think you are doing this a little soon, if you just had a baby 4 weeks ago? Your body needs to recover from having the baby first.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 3:50 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Wow, somone sure dropped the ball here. You should already have ben told exactly how they were going to do the procedure. There are several different ways. Most are done laparscopically..which means 1-3 tiny incisions. Some got throught the belly button. You should have some form of anesthesia. Try and relax and ask a billion questions when you go in.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:51 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Honey relax. I never had my tubes tied; but my daughter did. They will give you an anthesetic; you wont feel a thing. I think they actually put her to sleep and did it. When you wake up you may have some discomfort at the incision sites and from the gas they put into your stomach to expand it so they can work in there. It's mild; nothing like having a baby! Just relax; I'll say a prayer for you so that God will keep an eye on you and make sure that everything goes fine. See you on here in a few hours and you can tell us all about it!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 3:56 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• "Wow, somone sure dropped the ball here. You should already have ben told exactly how they were going to do the procedure. There are several different ways. Most are done laparscopically..which means 1-3 tiny incisions. Some got throught the belly button. You should have some form of anesthesia. Try and relax and ask a billion questions when you go in. "

Agreed...I'm not sure why you a) weren't told by your surgeon and b) haven't researched this until now.

My cousin just had hers tied last year...aside from being sore for a little while she said it was no big deal...I have no ideas about the actual procedure as this isn't something I ever plan to do. Good luck.
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 4:25 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I had a rough two pregnancies and birth control hasn't been very successful it messes with my hormones really bad and haven't found one that sets my period straight so due to this last pregnancy going in and out of the hospital non stop literally for premature labor which they finally just induced and took him Nov 4th 37 wks on the dot and is very healthy strong baby boy. I wanted my tubes tied it was soooo hard to get pregnant then having such a rough pregnancy and this one was worse then my first I just said be done with it and get my tubes tied my sister in law had it done and was no big deal but didn't give any details I was relying on her and the internet for details instead of using my head and asking the doc about what all will happen and I haven't been able to get a hold of my sister in law and can't really find anything heavy in detail on what to expect and I just want to be prepared my hubby will help with the baby.
    MrsMorton080508

Comment by MrsMorton080508 (original poster) at 4:48 AM on Dec. 1, 2010