They set up a memorial fund..

My sister's kids set up a memorial fund. They said it was to help the cost of the cremation and memorial service. Then they said they were going to use the rest to go towards a Lupus foundation.

I hate to say this, but I think they are going to use the money for themselves. My sister's mother's husband said they'd help with cost, plus the money she still had left in the bank and at her home. I know they went through everything looking for stuff. Plus, one sister said they are unaccounted for over 1,000 pills of hers. They always took her pain meds.
Question is: should I stop it, or believe they are in need of it?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 3:50 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds to me that you need to get to the bottom of this situation. Do these children have a pass of drug use?
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:16 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• They have an addiction to shopping. Seriously! They'd steal stuff just so they could sell it on Creigs list to get the money to buy 200 pair of boots or the top of the line cell phones... My sister always wanted them to have the best. She spoiled them to a fault. Now they have an addiction. I don't know what I can do. I mean, they say they need the money, the bank has an account for them? Its just something inside of me that says this is all wrong. Plz pray. If it is a lie, that ppl won't donate. If they do need it then money to be freed up to pay only for the expenses for my sister's memorial. Appreciate all prayers. Thanks!
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 4:27 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Sounds like their just selfish and just want more money/stuff. Unfortunately I don't know what you could do other than get a lawyer involved. You might see about getting a free consultations w/ one but keep in mind the likely repercussions of trying to force them to act right in this. Chances are they'll vilify you even if you're the one in the moral right.
    Skipo510

Answer by Skipo510 at 5:20 AM on Dec. 1, 2010