Teenage drama

So I am 17 years old, my boyfriend and i are having a baby. i got mad at him today, He breaks promises a lot. i told him to read a book i found on pregnancy and if he promised he would but didnt. if he cant even keep a promise to read a book how can i trust him to keep his promises to his baby. He does not have a job. I am the only one working. im really thinking about fileing for full custody because he so immature. just to be clear i was on bc and he was wearing a condom. this was NOT planned and i was not being stupid

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• What did you except... you are teenagers. Maybe you should give the baby up for adoption, give it a fighting chance for a good life.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 3:56 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Just because im 17 doesnt mean i cant give the baby a good life.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:59 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• You both need to understand that you two have to get along for the rest of your lives no matter if your together or not. This child needs you BOTH. Let him know how you feel and give him another chance. Good luck with the baby on the way and please you both need to be patience, with one another.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:04 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Relax, mommy to be. Take a deep breath or two. Its a book, and only a book. I understand to you its a promise that he would read up on how to take care of a baby. Try to understand that to him, it is just a book. The full force of the fact that you are both about to become parents may not have really hit him yet. I don't know how far along you are but for the women it hits faster than men when you find out you're going to have a baby. A great quote from a 'dad-to-be' book I saw, "About 6 weeks before our first child was born I had an awe inspiring revelation. My wife and I were going to be parents." Before making any permanent decisions consider a few things. Is he interested in trying to be a good dad? Does he at least seem to put forth effort in some areas, if not others? If he's putting forth at least some effort chances are he wants to be a good daddy and doesn't know how.
    Skipo510

Answer by Skipo510 at 5:00 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Sounds like you need to grow up and so does he. A baby needs ADULTS as parents. Not two fighting kids without jobs. And maybe you two should go to classes in how to use birth control properly after this child is born.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 5:02 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Try different tactics to get him involved. Go to a parenting class with him. Have him go to the Dr office w/ you for your visits. Work together on getting the stuff for your new baby... his opinion on color schemes, themes, names, whatever. If you want him to read a baby book, ask him if he'd mind reading sections of the book to your tummy a little at a time so baby can get used to the sound of his voice, as well as yours. Encourage him to feel your tummy when baby starts moving or to give you foot, back, or belly rubs. (b/c your belly will definitely want to be massaged out as much as anything else) Also get him involved with your family and get involved with his. Even if you hate his mom or vice-versa, guess what, too bad. They're a part of your baby's life also. Most importantly know that no matter what you can provide a good life for your child. If you need help there are places and organizations to help.
    Skipo510

Answer by Skipo510 at 5:06 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I honestly do not think it is a big deal that he didn't read a book. He may have said he would to make you happy and he may have intented to read it but didn't really have the interest enough to do so. Men aren't perfect and most certaining a young man who is becoming a father is not perfect either. Give him a break as he is going to be the father of your child. Is he looking for a job? Maybe you can help him find one? That seems like a more important issue.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:40 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• To CarriePM I dont think that using bc is hard. you take a pill every freaking morning at the same time. or you a have shot every so often months, or other things. so for your fyi I do know how to take bc. and to everyone else ty.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:13 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Men can be just like a child sometimes. Just talk to him and tell him how you feel. Honesty is a very important part in a relationship. I would also make him get off his butt and get a job. It's not just him anymore. Good luck!!!
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:20 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• What do you expect?  He is 17!   He doesn't have the maturity yet to deal with such a HUGE responsibility.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:05 AM on Dec. 1, 2010