What do you think..

About people still clinging to the "old" laws of the Bible so vehemently as to restrict from sexual intercourse after childbirth based on the gender of the baby being born, refusing to wear clothes made of more than one type of fabric fiber, being against homosexuality, and not allowing a woman to go to the church during her period?

gabrielle_x

Asked by gabrielle_x at 4:17 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I dont honestly give it a second thought. different religious strokes for different folks.
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 5:01 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I had sex at 15 and had sex with woman. lol
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 5:46 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• i think its a free country and they can have their own opinions and live accordingly, if its legal and not harming anyone else.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:21 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I think these people freeze in time....

Answer by older at 9:07 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• rediculous
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 9:36 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Dull. That is just it, by imposing some of these OT laws on women, they are being harmed. They infringe upon their human rights, and make them subservient beings.

What do I think? I think that in a perfect world, there would be no use for organized religion. And that it causes more harm than good- religious abuse is common to almost every flavor of beliefs, and generally pertains to women, and young children. It is doctrine that I disagree with, and wish could be abolished.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:57 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• At least they're not cherry picking.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 10:03 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Their religion, their choice, as long as it's not hurting anyone and they are not forcing these rules on everyone else.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:38 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Well, I don't believe in living my life that way. I don't believe in a lot of what the Bible says. That's why I'm not a Christian. However, I'm fine if someone else wants to live like that. I have respect for them if they actually follow their religion so devoutly. It wouldn't be easy. The Amish are another example (especially Old Order). Very extreme and set in their ways, and while I may find their religion and way of life something that I could never follow, that doesn't mean I don't greatly respect them for following so strongly what they believe to be right and true. As long as they are able to make a choice, and are not forced, I say let them follow their religion however they'd like.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:49 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• As long as they are following the correct translation (unless of course they are reading the Hebrew) and follow all the laws, I have no issue with it.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:54 AM on Dec. 1, 2010