Mucus plug?? What was that like for you and how soon after did labor begin?

I just lost my mucus plug today after intercourse and soon after i had a little back and abdominal pain.

PreGGie_MaMa08

Asked by PreGGie_MaMa08 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I lost min around 10:00 am and at 3:00 my water broke...Its going to happen soon..GL
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 7:07 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I lost mine around 4pm, went to the hospital to get checked out at 5pm, was sent back home at 7pm, went BACK at 11pm, my water broke at 1am and my daughter was born at 3:46am.

But, just like with everything else in pregnancy, everyone is different and there are moms on here that say it took a week to go into labor after losing their plug.

However, definitely call your doctor...your cervix is no longer protected and you are open to infection now, your doc will probably want you to go in to get checked out.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I have read that once it comes out it could be soon, or it cold be a few days. Either way, it's not too long now! Good Luck!
    Newbeemom224

Answer by Newbeemom224 at 7:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I was in labor through the night, got up to go to the bathroom and there it was! Had the baby less than three hours later.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 7:35 PM on Nov. 5, 2008