1 yeard old with werid bumb on her head

so last week i was playing with my daugher and i happen to brush my hand through her hair when i felt a bump on her head its like not in the center but a lil more down wards like going towards her forhead but underneath her hair a somewhat small and hard i touched it and its hard and dont seen to hurt her shes not acting wierd and she has a app coming up this wed but its driving me crazy because all of a suddon her daddy said he had noticed it a while back ago but not said nothing thinkin she had just bumped her head.. so iam freaking out any one got any ideas.. thanks a bunch. :)

MylilLondon

Asked by MylilLondon at 6:37 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I remember my youngest had a pea size bump on her head close to kinda behind her ear and the dr said it was lymph nodes and they were nothing to be worried about because she was sick and they were doing their job. Not sure if it's the same, but be sure and ask the dr to ease you mind. Gl & GB
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 6:47 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• You can always call the doctor BEFORE the appointment. I never mess around when it comes to anything with the head, eyes or breathing.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:51 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Bumps from hitting herself onto something can stay permanently. Am not sure if ibuprofen - anty inflammation will still ease the symptom but that (plus ice compresses every 15 min) is what we were told on the ER to give to our son 20 mos of, when he bumped his forehead.
    kujus04

Answer by kujus04 at 7:55 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My daughter has a metopic ridge. It runs from where her anterior fontanell used to be down to the bridge of her nose. I would call her doctor about it. What caused it is that part of the skull fused prematurely on her the doctors dont know why but her's isnt severe enough to require surgery. I would call your peditrician and mention the bump to him. How long ago did your husband notice it? Can you describe it in a little more detail. Imight be able to help if I know a little more about it.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 9:31 AM on Dec. 1, 2010