omg. seriously. I went to the Dr. & I don't have a yeast infection - everything came back normal. TMI but I have had serious itching....

TMI - maybe?

I don't have a yeast infection - my pap came back normal. But I have had SERIOUS vaginal itching - outside/inside - for probably two months. I cannot take it anymore!!!!! There is no odor - and no discharge - no signs of anything bad. Just outta control rediculous itching! I'm gonna go crazy! I have tried regular monistat cream. It helps temporarily - but I need to make this go away! Any tips - advice - remedies?? The dr says everything is healthy and normal. :( uggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Health

• Have you started using a new detergent lately? That could be it, maybe use something fragrance free for your underwear. That really sucks, itching in & out is the WORST!!! Hope you find something that helps!
    momof4qtz

Answer by momof4qtz at 7:12 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Detergent and fabric softener are often the culprits if it's an allergic reaction.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:29 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• It could be the soap you are using? Do you feel dry? Or maybe the tampons/pads you use.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 7:47 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Did your doc run a STD screening or just a yeast one? what about having your pee in a cup and checking for a plain uti?
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 8:10 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• If you changed laundry products (soap, softener), changed bath soaps, feminine hygiene products, do you take a lot of bubble baths? When my sis was little she had problems and it was due to the bubble bats.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:17 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• well i was pregnant recently - and he tested for all STD's then... so it woudn't be that. I use free and clear detergents... I do use the softner sheets - but i always have. I don't take bubble baths (no time - with a new baby! I WISH i could!)

I really don't know what it could be....
    Thank you though or your help...

.***** Any remedies? Or suggestions to relieve the problem???*****
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:13 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I wouldn't use the softener sheets if I were you, they're full of chemicals..you can become sensitive to something you have always used that has never bothered you before for various reasons.. I'd also try another detergent, some of the "natural" ones aren't as natural as they like us to think. I feel your pain hun, I just went to the Dr yesterday worried I might have an STD and was relieved to find out it was just a bacterial infection but I've been itching like a mad woman!!! Don't use ANY kind of soap down there just sit in a warm bath, no undies if you are at home and wear a skirt so nothing is irritating the area. Whenever I've used monostat or the other yeast creams they have made me worse. I'd go back to the Dr. if I were you, something is amiss!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I had something similar happen to me when I got the Mirena. I had rashes and other things going on, too, though.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:50 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• something is not right go back to the doc. Use no soap or cream on the area. Try washing everything in white vinger and hot water. don't use the dryer sheets to much stuff in them. good luck
    deesam

Answer by deesam at 1:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• ive searched and searched the internet and found that tea tree oil diluted with baby oil helps cure it..tea tree oil works wounders for almost everything..just rub it down there everywere it itches!
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 12:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2010