My nosy mil is trying to find out information about her nephew's daughter coming out on Facebook!

She called late last night trying to find out how my husband found out about it. At least three times asking . She knows I was facebook friends with the nephew's daughter but I left the social network for that reason. The nosy phonecalls and inquiries are so childish.I know she will call me and ask me any minute again. I really do not want to tell her to mind her own business and back off but I want to shut her up and leave us alone. What should I say to nosy mil?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Just tell her you have no information b/c you closed your account. HOw hard is that?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:19 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Just tell her you saw it on Facebook. If she came out on a public forum, why is it wrong to admit you saw it there?
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:06 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I'd say something like "sorry but I really can't help you. If you really have to know about X's business then why don't you call her yourself?" (or suggest she contact other family who are closer to the girl and ask THEM for information).

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:12 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I would simply tell her that if she wants to know something she should contact the girl herself. Honestly, though I can't stand my MIL so I would be happy to tell her off. If you nicely tell her that you can't help her out and send her to someone else and she doesn't get the hint, then by all means, tell her to butt out.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:35 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I deactivated. My hubby is not fb friends with her. I was. So I went back on to look for a photo and that is when I discovered her status and that she is now engaged to her partner.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:07 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• mmmegan38 I will definitely use that advice..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Dec. 1, 2010