Want the list of PUB names?

Who voted FOR the The Food Safety bill the other day..the one that expands big gubmint and will put the small family farms out of business.

HERE they are ladies the sell outs:
Alexander (R-TN) Barrasso (R-WY) Alexander (R-TN) Barrasso (R-WY) Collins (R-ME) Corker (R-TN) Enzi (R-WY) Grassley (R-IA) Gregg (R-NH) Johanns (R-NE) LeMieux (R-FL) Lugar (R-IN) Snowe (R-ME) Thune (R-SD) Vitter (R-LA) Voinovich (R-OH)

What are you going to do about it?

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 8:16 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• This bill is completely open ended anon. NO one knows who will be affected at this point, and to tell yourself otherwise is plain foolish.

I'm sorry you got sick, but it isn't the gubmint's job to put good food on your table. That is YOUR job and YOUR responsibility. Meat and eggs don't grow on bushes, and the way the huge farms produce them is pathetic and cruel. Right now YOU have a choice to pay a little more and purchase meat and eggs from farms that raise healthy animals and produce good food.

If this bill passes you won't have any choice but to pay more (because the huge farms will pass on the extra costs) for bad food and will likely get sick again. The choice of good food will be gone because the small farms won't be able to afford the fees or have time for all the paperwork.

That is the reality of this bill.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Thanks for the update. None are in my area. Some of those names aren't very surprising to see though.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:42 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• And Wyoming imgaine that. They are huge corps in Wyoming.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:50 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• The house may block it's passage because senate democrats violated a constitutional rule in it's passage.

http://www.rollcall.com/news/-201012-1.html
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:24 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Gregg, Snowe, and Thune should be no surprise. I don't know the others. Were any of them up for reelection?
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 10:00 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Gee Snowe and Collins..yet AGAIN proving their RINO-ness!

I am not too surprised of Alexander either!
    tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 8:17 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I got an email about this last night saying that more republicans voted for the bill than Dems. Not sure how true that is nor not but it came from a conservative source. I deleted it, let me see if it's still in my trash can...was an interesting read. I really thought this was more of a lefty thing...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:52 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• That is just crazy
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 9:15 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My Senators voted against it. I'm glad. This bill will not stop the occasional tainting of foods or the recalls but will intensify them needlessly if the government has these powers. This will cause food prices to rise just as the great health care bill caused prices to rise. It will also run small farmers out of business as if they didn't have enough government controls already.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:47 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Good for them! We do need this bill.

WHat's all this cutesy talk about the "gubmint" ? So silly.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:30 PM on Dec. 1, 2010