Do you worry when you see "Some Assembly Required" on a potential purchase.

When you are shopping do you notice whether there is some assembly required or do you just figure you will find a way to put the item together. Have you ever not bought something because it required assembly?

showUhow

Asked by showUhow at 7:07 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Shopping

• No, I LOVE to put stuff together. The more parts the better :) Heck if I were talented enough I'd probably make everything from scratch, but sadly I'm not :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 7:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Oh and I just bought my daughter a kitchen for x-mas and all the reviews said it took upwards of 2 hours to assemble. I thought to myself, Yay sounds like fun!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 7:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• HAHA great question! I think it depends on how large/intensive the product is. Thanks for making me smile :)
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 7:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• i'll tackle anything, and if i'm not able to do it i'll call for backup. i've put together a comp desk by myself before, didn't take that long at all. i'm very good at following the directions and being able to sort things out and assemble them.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 7:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Yes, sometimes you can things cheaper if you have to put it together. I have no problem putting things together.
    dustinsmom1

Answer by dustinsmom1 at 8:33 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I have no problem with it and my DH actually enjoys doing it the only time he DOESNT enjoy it is when DD is standing over him "is it done yet Daddy" "is it done" "where does this piece go does it go here I wanna put it here" So he has started doing what his parents always did if it requires a lot of assembly he will put it together the night before and just have it set up in front of the tree but if it only requires a few little things he does it afterwards or they do it together.
    sweetdragoness

Answer by sweetdragoness at 9:09 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I like building stuff, too. :)
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 9:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2008