Anyone else have to wake their damn hubby up in the morning?

Mine is the heaviest sleeper I have EVER seen! He can sleep through anything! His alarm always STARTS going off at 5am and the snooze goes off every 5 minutes! So after turning it off NINE times and nudging him awake this morning I finally told him at 5:45 that he needs to get up RIGHT NOW because I am turning the alarm off for good so that I can get a little sleep before the kids wake up around 6:45. His response.. "Okay"... So I wake up at 7am to my son crying and guess who is STILL in bed next to me? He was supposed to be there at 6:30!! Then he has the audacity to get pissed off AT ME for not waking him up!!! Grrr men!! I told him I am NOT his mother and he needs to learn to get up on his own! The only reason I wake him up in the first place is because by going to work everyday he is paying the bills LOL... Anyone else's hubby like this? Or am I just the only one?

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 8:54 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes and it drives me insane. I have better things to do than to wake him up over and over. I don't mind waking him and giving 5 or 10 extra minutes of sleep but he will try to ask for 5 minutes for over an hour. I told him yesterday if he wants to sleep set his alarm because I'm tired of waking him up so he can lay in bed. I know when I have to get up i get up whether I want to or not, or just don't get him sometimes.
    jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 9:54 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Not me, mine wakes up at 5 am and goes jogging everyday!

Answer by older at 8:55 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Not during the week but on the weekends I do. During the week he's usually the one that wakes me up. But sometimes his alarm doesn't wake him up and it wakes me up instead and I have to scream at him to get up and turn it off. lol.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:55 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• No, hubby is the early riser at our house. He's got some kind of built in alarm clock, but thankfully he has figured out how to use his internal snooze button on the weekends for my sake.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:58 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I get up at 5 every morning, The Husband Person needs to be up by 6:30, so I do wake him up. I usually turn on the radio and give him a cuddle and say "Tragic morning! Rise and groan!" Neither he nor Daughter are Morning People, Son and I are certainly Morning People.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:09 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• yes I have the same problem w/ mine. I think its because they know you will wake them up and not let them be late so they dont even try , or another reason they dont really care about their job. I noticed that when i just let him lay there and let him be late over and over maybe he will start getting up. but easier said than done , i know its hard when you worry about him losing his job or something .
    bekkaboo89

Answer by bekkaboo89 at 9:09 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• yes, i do and i dont like it either. i get up at 5a to jog. he needs to be at work at 8a like me but he gets up at 720a! must be nice!
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 9:51 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My husband is the early riser at our house. But you should stop waking him up. It is time he took responsibility for getting himself to work on time, and if he gets fired, that's on him, too. As long as you keep being his clock, he will continue to do just what he's doing right now. So, I would probably start turning it off after it's first alarm. What he's doing is ridiculous.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:06 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• No my hubs is good about setting his alarm and getting up on time. He gets up at 4am and most of the time I don't even hear his alarm or hear him get up and ready for work. Even on weekends he is an early riser and up before I am.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:10 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• All the time!
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 9:44 AM on Dec. 1, 2010