What helps concieve faster?

Ok guys, I got a question. Me & my partner have been trying 2 get pregnant but we can't seem 2 accomplish it. Y I dnt knw. I got my myrena taken out about 3 months ago & then I was put on birth control & I got off that like a month ago. So I'm not taking nothing. Idk what 2 do. May-b we want it 2 much but if any-1 has any input, plz, plz let us knw. Thx & we appreciate it a lot.

erlancindy

Asked by erlancindy at 9:14 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It's only been a month.

Are you charting your cycles and when you ovulate?
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 9:18 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• with my first baby I got off birth control and it took me 3 months to get pregnant. I asked this same question aftertwo months I asked this same question to a friend. She told me to put a pillow under my hips to elivate my hips and to stay like that for at least 20 minutes. So I tried that I was pregnant in that month. With my second I was pregnant in a month. And I am now 4 weeks pregnant it took me 3 months to get pregnant this time. Well after we were done I kept getting up to go to the bathroom to pee well then decided the last month to try to do what I did the first time around and I got pregnant in that month. So try putting a pillow under your hips and not getting up for at least 20 minutes
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:25 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• oh we also have intercourse every other day and sometimes every day, but it takes 24 hours for the sperm to build back up
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:26 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• You should wait at least 2 mos. after stopping the pill before trying unless you really want to increase your chances of having multiples.....
    Also as weird as it sounds - Robutussin - or cough syrup with guaifenesin it in helps....it thins out the cervical mucus allowing the sperm a faster path to swim.
    A pillow under the hips after you are finished and lay for about 30 minutes.
    And have sex every other day. This allows the sperm to build up so there are more little swimmers going up there.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:36 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• You've only been trying a month, that's hardly anything worth worrying about. The only way to get pregnant is if you have sex while your ovulating. If you are that worried then starting counting days of your cycle.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:00 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• You need to be charting. There is a book called Taking Charge Of Your Fertility that is incredibly helpful for learning to chart. You can get it for about 10 bucks online.

It can take a year for healthy couples to concieve. MOST PEOPLE do NOT concieve the first month but many who are charting do. This is going to take time.

Get the book...learn to chart...relax and have fun!
    Anonymous