No desire for sex

I had a baby 11 months ago and have no desire for sex. I would rather gouge my eyes out with a spoon than have sex. I think it has a lot to do with my suffering relationship with my dh. He doesn't help out around the house and since I'm dealing with some depression he doesn't understand how I'm feeling. I feel empty inside like my whole life comprises of taking care of my son with special needs. I used to work and go to school full time. Now I'm a SAHM. I'm not very domestic and I extend past my comfort zone in being this type of person. I feel like I'm going to go suicidal if I continue being a SAHM, but I have no choice right now. I'm extremely lonely with no real life friends and family that is all preoccupied by their lives. What can I do to want sex again?? I used to be very sexual - sex at least 6 times a week. Now I have went like three weeks without having it and I don't even notice that it's been that long.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• hugsFirst you should seek help for your depression, set your man down and have a heart to heart talk tell him what you need from him. As far as friends go how many of us have true friends anyway lol! You having such a baby changes your priorities and hormones are probably still crazy. As far as suicidal everyone has those thoughts now and then when going through tough times if they say they don't they are in denial.Just hit the floor with a different attitude tommorrow, keep telling yourself you can do this and nothing and no one can do anything about your situation but you. Get a hobby that you truly enjoy jewelery making is fun and you can sell it on ebay. Make a journal and write how you are feeling everyday and then in a week or so see if you can't see a change in yourself by just being positive and trusting GOD!

1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 7:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I know how you feel, when I stayed at home I felt like a flower that had all of it's petals picked off. I really did not like being at home all day doing mundane crap. Can you at least get a part time job so you can feel like you're doing something? Or go to school part time?
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Like I tell everybody else, you need to start masterbating atleast once a day. I know it sounds funny, but your sex drive will come back. I'm a passion consultant, and also had the same problems after I had my children. If you want to talk, or need help just contact me.
    DanaLamborn

Answer by DanaLamborn at 8:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Thanks ladies. I'm going to carve out some time for myself. I like crocheting. I think I will start up doing that a little everyday. Some days I change my attitude and feel great but by the end of the day it feels like I didn't make a dent in the endless list of things to do. My to do list is miles long. . . and some days I don't do anything on it because I'm so . . . I dunno . . . no motivation. Tomorrow I'm going to write how I feel in a journal and then continue on with my life. Perhaps once I get in down on paper it will mentally unburden me to be able to do what I gotta do. Thanks so much for taking time out of your day to answer my question - it means so much to me truly.
    Anonymous