How do I get out of not bringing a family member to a party?

I was invited to one and it said to bring a friend. I just want breathing space from my sil! I want to go out alone. It is only up the block from my house.But one of the women going was really chummy with my sil and I know she will ask why I did bring her. Then she will call her. SHe is the nosy type. What should I say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm not sure that I really have any good advice on this one. You could just ask someone else, that way you don't have to worry. Is there another friend you could bring instead. It is just a thought.

I totally understand about needing a break. I think we have all been there at some point.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:39 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• The truth, you need a break... its your friends, she should understand.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Tell her the truth.

Answer by older at 9:39 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Good Luck on this one! BUMP!!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 9:49 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Maybe the woman who was chummy with your SIL can take her and you can go on your own. Otherwise, I think you'll have to wait for another party to go on your own.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 10:00 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Whatever you tell the nosy friend it will get back to SIL. Maybe you could say you just assumed she got her own invite and forgot to mention it..just look confused...like "oh I think she probably got an invite..dont know I've been busy and forgot to mention it." then change the subject.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:08 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• i agree with older tell her the truth just let her know you could bring someone but you rather go alone and if she wants to go then she'll go by herself but you need some alone time theres nothing wrong with that
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 9:45 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Just say thought about it but you've been busy and didnt have a chance to mention it to SIL and You've just been running from one thing to the next.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:50 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I could say that I got a last minute invite by e-mail from the aunt having the party in her house for her niece; without the postcard asking to bring a friend from the hostess.The girl hosting the party is the nosy friend's goddaughter.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:26 PM on Dec. 1, 2010