Feeling like mother of the year!

My son is 4. He is going with my sister to the dentist this morning. He chipped a tooth, and it needs to be extracted. He really behaves for my sis, especially in stressful situations. If I had taken him, he would have flipped out when they tried to put him in the chair. So, it is NOT that I didn't want to be with him, but I feel as if I am doing better by him by not being there and allowing him to flip out. Please tell me I am not a horrible mom!? I just got a pic message...she says he is doing great! He is wearing sunglasses in the chair lol. I am a nervous wreck!

salexander

Asked by salexander at 9:43 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You did the right thing!!! kids usually out do themselves in the behavior dept with mom!!!

Answer by older at 9:44 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• You are a great mom!!! You knew that your son feeds off of your stress and did the right thing in sending with the person that handles those situations the best.

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:45 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I don't think you are horrible mom. Sometimes you have to do what is best for your children, even if it makes you feel bad. If you know that he is in good hands, is being taken care of, and getting the best care possible, then you did the right thing.

Don't worry he will be okay and you will be okay, You are lucky to have a sister that is so good with him and willing to help,

Good Luck and Stay Strong!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:46 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• You made a good mom choice here. If your son is more comfortable with your sister for things like this then letting her take him is the best option. The dentist is no fun for anyone so it's good that he's doing well. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:46 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• You made the right choice! I'm sure I would've been the same way!!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 9:47 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• FAR FROM BEING A BAD MOM!!!!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 9:56 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Thanks ladies, he did great. They gave him Verset (sp) and he did just fine. What a relief!
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Oh sheesh my daughter used to have her teeth cleaned with the thing that takes plaque off and she would scream. I guess she was three. I would hold her and she would scream and the tech's would say should we stop? I said heck no go on let's get that stuff outta there. LOL> They were all nervous but I was like go for it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2010