So Sleepy

9 weeks pregnant and just completly exhausted! I basically wake up, go to work, come home and go to sleep.
Are there any tricks to help stay awake more, I want to spend time with my family but all I can do is sleep...

dragonflygirl99

Asked by dragonflygirl99 at 9:53 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sleep is common at this time because your baby is using up heaps of you nutrients. The baby is growing at an enormous rate. Some pregnant women are known to fall asleep while talking. Are year eating well - it is important to have breakfast and spread your jmeals over 2 hourly periods. So many people do without meals when busy but NOT when you are pregnant. Try to have long lasting foods known as low glucose index and high fibre. Which slows down your digestion. Iron and folic acid contained in egg yolk and dark green leafy vegetables. spinach etc. an egg a day is a good idea - eggs are no longer considered bad cholesterol they contain good cholesterol. EAsily digestible and can be carried cold in shell for quick snack. Dried fruit such as Apricots for a long lasting snack. If you weigh 60 kgs drink 600 mls water only if 70kg 700 mls and if 80 800 mls water. Stimulants such as pure coffee once early to bed.
    whichwitch

Answer by whichwitch at 10:02 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• You're pregnant! It's like you're running a marathon all the time your body is working so hard. Rest while you can, your body needs it. Good luck with your pregnancy!!!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 9:55 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• make sure you are eating healthy and taking your prenatal vitamins
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:55 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• sorry, I can't think of any tricks. I remembre when I was pregnant I was always tired. I would pu my head down on my desk and close my eyes for a few minutes. hopefully as time goes on it will get better.

One thing I did was I tried to stay active. With my first I would walk twice a day and that seemed to help.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:56 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Welcome to pregnancy, just remember to drink a LOT of water. Maybe eat higher protien foods, but for the most part exhaustion just comes with the territory
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:57 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• If anybody could figure this one out they'd be rich! I was always tired when I was pregnant, but was taking 4 college classes so that helped keep me up due to homework and projects. I did my best to push through it at night when the family was together but that didn't always work. Good luck with your pregnancy! :)
    tara715

Answer by tara715 at 9:59 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Thanks everyone! I was never this tired with my first one. This pregnancy is total opposite of the first one.
    dragonflygirl99

Comment by dragonflygirl99 (original poster) at 10:04 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• feel better mom.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 11:17 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I remember while pregnant with my first I worked about an hour from home. My mom lived halfway, I would have to stop at her house and sleep 30 min or so before I headed home lol. It's totally normal! :o)
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:11 PM on Dec. 1, 2010