Cramping during pregnancy?

a friend of mine is in her fifth month of pregnancy with her fifth child.
she said she has had cramping for the past month but because her
medicaid is still processing she can't see a doctor. she and i are going
to the hospital to see what's up but im just wondering if it is normal to
have cramping. she said it's not really severe most of the time, but she's still
worried. like i said it is her fifth child, so it could have something to do with it
im not sure.

**EDIT: should have mentioned this earlier, but didn't even think about it. A couple years ago, not too long after the fourth kid, she had a biopsy on her cervix and a small part was actually removed. the doctors said that they may have to put a stitch on her uterus to prevent preterm labor. she has a doctors appointment now on monday instead of the hospital because medicaid said that hers is ready for her now, so hopefully we shall find out the problem. thanks for all you ladies for the help :)

momma_amelia

Asked by momma_amelia at 9:55 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I started having Braxton Hicks at about 3 months, which felt like cramps to me. They weren't bad like menstrual cramps, but I noticed them. If she can't go to the doctor I would try the Health Department to avoid any fights with the insurance once it's done processing. Hope she starts feeling better or at least gets her mind eased! :)
    tara715

Answer by tara715 at 9:57 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I recently had the same problem, it is good to be checked by the doctor but rest with feet up and lots of water helps a lot, and not a lot of work. I just recently got put on maternity leave because I was doing to much at work!
    ryanbear2006

Answer by ryanbear2006 at 10:06 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• im having a lot of cramping.. but this is only my second. dr says its uterus stretching.. GL to ur friend
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 5:19 PM on Dec. 1, 2010