Big Baby

I have been told my baby is bigger than average but the doctor says my due date is the same. My youngest son was 7lb 15oz and got stuck in the birth canal, I am a liitle scared that I will have problems with this one but I really don't want a c-sec.

Anyone else have this problem and how are you feeling about it?

ryanbear2006

Asked by ryanbear2006 at 10:03 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Personally I don't take any stock in estimated birth weights

at 36 weeks I was told DS was already 8lbs 8oz.... he was born at 42 weeks weighing 7lbs 9 oz
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:17 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• you could hire a doula for the birthing room. different positions can help when a baby seems to be stuck. i too, do not believe the ultrasound estimates that dr's give.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:38 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I'm currently 36wks and at 32wks was told by the doctor after scan that my baby is bigger than average and is highly likely to get stuck....bare in mind I had no trouble at all with my previous birth. The midwife totally disagreed and informed me that scans are 20% out and are not accurate when estimating weight. I would maybe get a 2nd oppinion or have someone with you to fight your corner and give some support as someone else said try different positions etc. good luck and don't go by that ultra sound result!
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 10:54 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I have been in ur same position, When i was pregnant with my first ( lil girl) when i was 4months the dr. told me then she was big. and when i had my ultrasound at 20 weeks she was already at 1lb, then at 37weeks she was 7lbs they were saying she would be about 9lbs if i went the full 40 weeks so at 38 wks i was induced she too got stuck at the shoulders. And she was 8lbs even. So when i got preg with the 2nd (boy) the Dr, was worried he didn't want me to have a big baby again and risk the shoulders getting stuck again So me being worried i was induced at 37 and 6 days. And my son was 7lbs 4oz. and he still had 11 days to go. But i didn't have the first problem with him at all he came to quickly the doctor or nurses didn't make it in time. But u should be fine i'm only 5'2. 8lbs maybe to big for my body. but u never know.
    britt_howard

Answer by britt_howard at 4:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My first child was 9 pounds and I'm a small person. They had to take a vaccum to her head. They will get the baby out. With my son he was about 8 pounds and I didn't have a prob. It does get easier the more you have.
    m_o_m_m_y

Answer by m_o_m_m_y at 12:51 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Thank you for all of your opinions they have helped very much!
    ryanbear2006

Comment by ryanbear2006 (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Dec. 7, 2010