Babies movements decreasing?

I am 23.5 weeks right now with twin boys. I have been feeling these little boogers non stop from about 16 weeks on.. From 17 weeks the kicks and jabs were so strong you could see them through my belly =) But it seems over the past week or so I hardly feel them at all! When I do they are very light and on the left side always. My appointment is on Monday so was trying to hold off my questioning until then but at the same time i'm starting to get a little freaked out here. Just don't understand how the movements can go from being so frequent and so strong to hardly anything..especially with there being 2 of them in there! Any advice or similar experiences?

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 10:14 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There may not be a lot of room for them to move around right now. I didn't have twins, but with my last pregnancy the kicks and movements decreased dramatically. If you feel no movement at all for a period of time, then you need to call right away.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 10:16 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I agree, they probably don't have my room to move.

My one and only baby slowed down after 30 weeks.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 10:19 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• When I was pregnant with my twins - I swear it was like a soccer game, wrestling match, etc. most of the time. And in the end they could kick a small bottle off of my stomach because they'd kick so hard. I'd get looks all the time when I went out because my 'belly' was contorting in all sorts of ways....elbows, knees, feet, hands etc.

Orange Juice really woke them up in the mornings and laying on your right side.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:20 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• have you been extra busy lately? sometimes when we are active our babies are not.
    congratulations on your twins!!! what fun you are in for!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:49 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I don't know too much about twins but if they r growing at a good rate they could be running out of room, but if i was u I'd let my Dr. know. just to be on the safe side.
    britt_howard

Answer by britt_howard at 4:20 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Never had twins but I think they might have turned where they are hitting each other more then you . I would call the doctor if you really feel strongly about it don't worry yourself because that can make them slow down more from you stressing.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 4:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2010