Newborn is fussy at night

My son is one month and has recently started getting extremely fussy at night around 9 to 12am. I gave him some baby gas drops but it does not calm him. He doesn't want a bottle or my breast and his diaper is dry. I have to get up and rock him and then he doesn't want to lay in his bassinet. I am tired. What could be wrong?

balancingmother

Asked by balancingmother at 10:17 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• could just be his fussy time... burning out extra energy... try to comfort him as much as possible and don't get stressed babies can feel your tension... also call his doctor and talk to the doctor.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 10:20 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Welcome to motherhood!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:29 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• We always called 6 -10pm the fussy time or witching hour, depending on how bad. Each of my children when through a time where they were extremely fussy for hours. The easiest thing to do for us was to swaddle tightly and wear the baby in a sling (so I could eat.) My youngest was often calmed by standing outside for short periods of time. DH and I would switch off holding baby while the other got things done.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:29 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• It is completely normal for babies to be fussy at night like that. http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns/fussy-evening.html

aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 11:13 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Gas drops don't work. Buy the book The Happiest Baby on the Block, by Dr. Harvey Karp. It will change your world. The guy is genius at getting babies to fall asleep without fussing.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 6:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• swaddle?
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 7:04 AM on Dec. 2, 2010