Shrek glasses from McDonalds.

I have these and recently overheard that there was a recall on them. Do you think it's too late to return them for a refund? Was the recall for something harmful, should I keep and use them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• There was a recall, but now I don't remember what it was for. We didn't get any this time around and I was bummed that we didn't. I collect them (even if we don't use them). It has been almost a year so I would think it's too late to return them.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:19 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I think it was lead paint instead of food safe paint not sure, I wouldn't use them though. Look at McDonalds.com and see if you can find the reason and if you can still return them.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 10:21 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• If an item is recalled, it is never too late to return them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• it was for lead in the paint.
    To be safe,just don't drink out of them,just catergorize them as a collectible. I doubt they'd take them back now

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:22 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• yes it was the paint, and it wasnt a full recall it was ur choice if u wanted to return them, and not all places were giving refunds. You would have to contact the manufacturer of the glasses.
    ModernMommie

Answer by ModernMommie at 11:03 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Not lead in the paint. It was because the Cadmium level in the paint was too high. You can always return them. I would not use them.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:24 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I think it was lead.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:54 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Keep them as collectibles if they won't take them back. Just don't use them!
    MommysAngels810

Answer by MommysAngels810 at 10:04 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• keep them as collectibles but don't use them as glasses
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 9:33 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I got one at a garage sale. My son has drank out of it a few times. Should I be concerned? He won't be anymore.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 1:33 AM on Dec. 24, 2010