How did you quit smoking

tenkerbail

Asked by tenkerbail at 10:19 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I didn't yet, omg, I did at one point with chantix...

I need to go back to it, that was the only way with me.... :(
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:20 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• cold turkey.
    balancingmother

Answer by balancingmother at 10:21 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• first off WARNING: Chantix has been shown to induce suicidal thoughts and vivid dreams (yes, some people have carried out with the suicide too!)

For me to quit I had to: 1)want to and 2) got to an entirely smoke free environment for 3 days
    it only takes 3 days of not smoking for your brain to resume making the chemicals that smoking forces it to stop. So TECHNICALLY after 3 days your body is no longer addicted...only you are with you habits. So I would suggest that you try to drop the habits before quitting. Don't always smoke after a meal...don't have one first thing in the morning...don't have just one more right before bed. Whenever you would say you ALWAYS have one, don't have one. If you can get over your habit of DOING it, you can beat it.
    You might want to take up a hobby to keep your hands busy and keep your mind distracted as well.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 10:25 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• and you can contact me ANY TIME for support too by the way...having the support of someone who has already struggled through it is helpful.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 10:26 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I did it cold turkey as well. I was pregnant with my first son and when I found out, I quit. It was easy then- And I've never gone back.
    Good luck to you!!! :)
    roseisrose

Answer by roseisrose at 10:44 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• i just made my mind up that i didnt want to smoke anymore and i thought of all the bad stuff about cigs , they stink , make ur teeth yellow , and then i just didnt pick them up , its hard at times but just say no willpower and cold turkry... it gets easier..
    bekkaboo89

Answer by bekkaboo89 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I quit cold turkey when I got pregnant. Since the cravings never really went away, I participated in an Alan Carr seminar (The Easy Way to Quit Smoking) and I think THAT worked for me! Woohoo!!!
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 3:59 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I used Chantix, but i also used those e-cigarettes. They really helped a lot. For me the habbit of smoking was the worst part of quitting, and the e-cigarettes I use blue, they helped tons
    ashymom

Answer by ashymom at 8:46 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Cold turkey. Please check out whyquit.com its amazing! It helped me so much. I have quit so many times girl. I havent smoked for a month now. Feeling so much better and have tons of energy. You can also call 1 800 quit now. Its free and they even supply aids. You can do it. It's not that bad, better than dying of lung cancer. Good luck and God bless.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• got preggo and read all the terrible stuff smoking does to baby
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 11:55 AM on Dec. 4, 2010