Emotional abuse

Could you fathom talking to a kid like this?
Telling a 5 year old to stop looking in the mirror because she's not beautiful and she better get used to it
Asking a 13 year old if she is wiggling her hips to attract the men,and she has scoliosis and the wiggling is due to one hip being higher
Calling one sister the ugly one and telling her she better do good in school because she'll be lucky to find a man and better rely on her smarts instead of planning to marry
The person was not kidding and said she was just being realistic.
Can you imagine how that felt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• thats horrible, i mean being a realist and being cruel are 2 different things if it s going to hurt some 1 s self esteem or degrate them its abuse and waht u described is abuse...
    bekkaboo89

Answer by bekkaboo89 at 12:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• That doesn't sound fun to be a kid in that situation. I think I can predict some self esteem issues.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 10:34 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• When someone says something to intentionally put you down then yes it is emotional abuse. No one should say to a child that they are ugly no matter what. Even if they are just "joking" put yourself in that kids place and see how you would feel.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 11:34 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I agree amybaby_19
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 10:36 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• omg! horrible....
    kmscsj

Answer by kmscsj at 10:44 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• that is just awful!!!
    roseisrose

Answer by roseisrose at 10:52 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• That is Defiantly Emotional Abuse. I wouldn't let that person around my kids.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 11:16 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I've told my 9 yr old he better get a sugar mama since his grades won't get him anywhere. Of course I was kidding but it was still mean.

What you're talking about, if said seriously and often, is horrible emotional abuse and is setting all the kids up for serious problems and long lives of therapy or getting mistreated by their significant others.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:49 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• That's is HORRIBLE!!!I hope she is not around your kids. GL
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 12:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Dump that person right out of your life. There is no need to keep that person around!
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2010