Diaper Rash adult content

My 21 month old daughter has a diaper rash that just won't go away (it's been about a week). It looks like little red bumps on her labia. She's never really had problems with a persistant rash before, just a little redness on occasion. I've changed her diaper every couple of hours, used desitin at every change, let her run around without the diaper for as long as i dare, and nothing seems to help. No changes in the diapers/wipes/soap we use.

Has anyone ever seen something like this before? It doesn't really seem to bother her, but if it isn't better soon I think a trip to the dr is in order.

kimberlyann_214

Asked by kimberlyann_214 at 10:35 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• This may sound crazy but an older lady nurse told me after you put the diaper rash cream on use some good old corn starch too.. put it on after the diaper rash cream.. and it worked. my son use to get daiper rash when he was on antibotics and i did all of the above.. also try using warm watter and cotton balls when you clean the area rather than diaper wipes which can make it worse ;) hope it gets better soon.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 10:40 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yes, you've tried everything I can possibly think of and it's still not working, go see the doctors, there might be some steroid cream they can prescribe. Good luck!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 10:40 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Could be an external yeast infection. Best to take her to the dr.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 10:40 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• When my daughter get's a diaper rash i usually buy non scented wipes and when changing her diaper I put vaseline where the area is red w/ small bumps and it may take a while until you see improvement but it may work.
    mgonzalez1989

Answer by mgonzalez1989 at 10:41 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Take her to the doctor its already been awhile with it.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:58 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Try a baby powder with cornstarch. Johnson and Johnson makes one. It helps with excess moisture a lot better then the general baby powder.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:27 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• That's also another thing .. Like someone mentioned try switching the wipes. My son got allergic reactions from the wipes we used even after we'd been using them for months. I switched to a sensitive type and we haven't had an issue since.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:28 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My dd had that and it turned out to be a yeast infection. Had to get nystatin or something for it and it went away in a few days
    Rockabye

Answer by Rockabye at 12:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Sounds like a yeast infection. Use 1% yeast infection cream followed by aquaphor, it will clear it right up!
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• sounds like it could eb ayeast infection,,if not try bag balm..its supposed to be for cow utters..but women have been using it for all kinds of things from rash,to cure for cold sores...it realy works wounders!
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 6:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2010