i have a 7 week old and takes catnaps during the day, when it comes to bedtime he still won't sleep until 11pm!! Is this normal? he doesn't cry during the day but he gets very fussy at night, when he finally falls asleep & we put him down he wakes up again, it looks like he is fighting to go to sleep.. any suggestions??

tried white noise, rocking,sling, walking, car ride,gripe water, etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nothing worked for my DD either! But I am convinced being awake 24/7 made her smarter. She wasn't fussy ever, just not tired. I really have no suggestions. When babies are tired they sleep. Probably have a baby that doesn't require much sleep. I remember the feeling though and am praying this one sleeps better than my DD did. If you're breastfeeding make sure baby is getting enough to eat. I was not producing so my little one was always hungry (I didn't know I wasn't at the time) It still didnt help once she was eating enough though lol:( Sorry! I hope you have better luck!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 7:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• That sounds exactly like my daughter! It is completely normal. Most infants have that fussy period between 7 and 11. No matter what my daughter would fall asleep at 11. We had to get a safety sleeper cause she would only sleep in our bed. He will grow out of it someday (unfortunately that can take awhile) Thankfully my daughter started to be awake more in the day and now falls asleep at 930 when she was 8 weeks! Just dont try to force him to be awake in the day cause then he can get overly tired and it will be even harder to get him to sleep. Also try establishing a pattern everytime before bed when my daughter is almost asleep she starts to eat and usually falls asleep for the night after 30 sec. of eating. I hope this helps and good luck!
    jmdelan2

Answer by jmdelan2 at 7:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• It is normal for him to stay up late at this age. But it is very important for you to get him on a good sleep schedule. The better your baby sleeps the happier he and you will be. I suggest sleep, eat , play. That should teach him after he sleeps he eats then has awake time then back to sleep. I hope it works out for you.
    Anonymous

• that is very normal. My daughter did the same thing. She did eventually stop, but only for a short time. We had 4 weeks of sleeping through the night (well, she would nurse through the night in bed with me) but now there is a fussy period for like two hours before bed and even then she might not stay down. She's currently 15 weeks old.
    RissaJ523

Answer by RissaJ523 at 11:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• ps. try hyland's teething tablets.
    RissaJ523

Answer by RissaJ523 at 11:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2008