looking for quick cheap dinner ideas I get so burned out on the same old same old any suggestions?

dillah5

Asked by dillah5 at 10:35 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• salsa chicken= chicken, salsa, cheese, bake

chicken parm= chicken, pasta sauce, mozz, parm, bake

beef stroganoff = round steak cut in strips, onion sliced, mushroom soup, mushrooms, sour cream, noodles

ham and eggs= sliced onions in a casserole dish, ham slices on top. bake 30min. make a white sauce, make hard boiled eggs. slice eggs onto ham, pour white sauce on top, serve with mash. potatoes

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 2:48 AM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I love quick easy meals, and am a cook on a tight budget.

You can do a search for "Pampered Chef recipes".... there are a LOT of sites that have their recipes... all cheap and most are out of this world delicious.

Also if you are watching your weight... check out skinnytaste.com (my favorite site), ziplist.com, skinnyms.com, skinnykitchen.. they all have great recipes!
    LoveNLollipops

Answer by LoveNLollipops at 11:09 AM on May. 24, 2012

• If your familiy likes casseroles I would suggest Jane Brody's GOOD FOOD BOOK it is a great cookbook that uses alot of veggies and grains and small amounts of meat. You can find it on the used book websites like Albris or Abebooks for around $5
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:00 AM on Mar. 19, 2012

• I make pulled pork in the crock pot. Cheap and easy. Get pork stew meat, a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce and about 1/2 of a small onion sliced thin. Throw them all in the crockpot on low for 6-8 hours. Shred with fork and knife and serve on buns or baked potatoes. YUM!!!
    mom2baq

Answer by mom2baq at 4:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2012

• we like doing breakfast for dinner
    bagel pizzas
    what I call a noodle bake (like baking spag. with lots of cheese in and on it)

with leftover chicken or turkey I make chicken/turkey sandwich spread
    burgers and fries

I try to shop bi wkly also, but have been known to pick up odds and ends wkly too
    just to keep something different in the freezer...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:18 AM on Feb. 23, 2012

• I just made out my shopping list for the next two weeks, so my next 14 dinners are:

quiche
    pepper steak
    Italian chicken and rice
    breakfast for dinner
    lasagna and salads
    spaghetti and salads
    chili
    taquitos and Spanish rice
    Lemon pepper chicken and baked potatoes
    pork steaks and mashed potatoes
    beef stew and corn bread
    chicken alfredo
    pizza bagels and salads
    BBQ chicken and baked beans

I usually add some sort of vegetable...a lot of times that is just a salad. As I was listing it, I was thinking "a lot of this is just normal stuff, though" so I don't know how much help I'll be LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:40 AM on Feb. 23, 2012

• You can make soups and stews in the slow cooker.There are endless possibilities there.
    dragonfly750

Answer by dragonfly750 at 12:26 AM on Feb. 23, 2012

• spanikopita and salad
    chicken and dumplings
    chili
    soups
    stews
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 12:13 PM on Oct. 14, 2011

• Tacos with black beans instead of ground beef.

Diced tomatos with chilies and black beans over rice.

Stuffed baked potatos.

Breakfast for supper (sausage links, eggs, with cereal, toast, or pancakes or waffles and OJ).

5 can chicken tortilla soup (black beans, tomatos with chilies, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, corn) I use a roaster chicken for the chicken but the original recipe called for a can of chicken. Throw it in a pot then serve in bowls over tortilla chips.

happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 6:03 PM on Sep. 4, 2011

• I pick up cookbooks at the thrift shops, always gives me new ideas.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2011